Prof David H Knoke
Prof David H Knoke
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1972.
- MSW: Social Work Administration, University of Michigan, 1971 .
- MA: Sociology, University of Chicago, 1970.
- BA: Honors in Psychology, High Honors in Sociology, University of Michigan, 1969 .
- Social Networks
- Political Sociology
- Economic Sociology
- Soc 3411W - Organizatons & Society
- Soc 3412 - Social Networking: Theories & Methods
- Soc 3811 - Basic Social Statistics
- Soc 4411 - Terrorist Networks & Counterterror Organizations
- Soc 5811 - Intermediate Social Statistics
- Soc 8412 - Social Network Analysis
- Soc 8490 - Topics: Economic Sociology
- Soc 8811 - Advanced Social Statistics
Research & Professional Activities
- Investigations of diverse networks, including political, economic, intra- and interorganizational, health care, and terrorist & counterterror networks
- "Dark Networks: The Terror-Crime Nexus,” with Marie DeRousse-Wu. Palgrave Handbook on Inter-Organizational Relations. Forthcoming. edited by Rafael Biermann and Joachim Koops. Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan
- “Emerging Trends in Social Network Analysis of Terrorism and Counterterrorism.” Forthcoming. Emerging Trends in the Social and Behavioral Sciences, edited by Robert Scott and Stephen Kosslyn. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley and Sons.
- "Do Nonprofits Treat Their Employees Differently? Incentive Pay and Health Benefits." with Xinxiang Chen and Ting Ren. 2014. Nonprofit Management & Leadership 24:285-306
- “Managing to Care: Design and Implementation of Patient-Centered Care Management Teams" Advances in Health Care Organization Theory 2nd Ed., 2014. with Douglas R. Wholey, Xi Zhu, Pri Shah, and Katie M. White edited by Stephen S. Mick and Debora G. Goldberg. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- "The Origins of Social Network Analysis." 2014. Springer Verlag, edited by Reda Alhajj and Jon Rockne. Berlin & Heidelberg Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining (2):1229-1233
- "It Takes a Network’: The Rise and Fall of Social Network Analysis in U.S. Army Counterinsurgency Doctrine."2013. Connections 33:1-10.
- “Organizational Status Growth and Structure: An Alliance Network Analysis,’” with Francisco Granados. 2013. Social Networks 35:62-74.
- Economic Networks. 2012. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press.
- Arthur "Red" Motley Exemplary Teaching Award, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota, 2009
- College of Liberal Arts Scholars of the College, University of Minnesota, 1996
- Fulbright Scholar Award