Carl P Malmquist
Carl P Malmquist
Educational Background & Specialties
- MS: Philosophy of Science, University of Minnesota , 1961.
- M.D.: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1958.
- B.A: Economics, University of Minnesota, College of Science, Literature and Arts. , Minneapolis, MN, 1952.
- Juvenile Justice
- Law and Society
- Law and the Mental Health System
- Soc 4142 - Juvenile Law
- Soc 4148 - Criminal Psychopathology
- Soc 4149 - Killing
- Soc 8148 - Law, Society & Mental Health System
Research & Professional Activities
- Psychiatric Consultant, District Court in Hennepin County: Consultant to judges on cases , 1970 - 2000
- Depression and Its Relationship to Violence; Characteristics of Juveniles Who Commit Paracides; Infanticide and Comparative Legal Issues Post-Termination Relationships with Professionals; Borderline Personality Disorders: A High-Risk Group for Violence
- Consultant: to courts, agencies, and law enforcement about the problems of risk assessment, and violent individuals,
- Consultant work on issues involving mental health and legal issues: This work involves consultation with various organizations varying from the federal courts, state courts, law offices, prosecutors or the defense,
- "Adolescent Parricide as a Clinical and Legal Problem." 2010. Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law 38(1):73-79.
- "School Violence." edited by R. I. Simon and K. Tardiff. 2008. Textbook of Violence Assessment and Management, 537-554.
- "Combined Murder-Suicide." edited by R. I. Simon and R. E. Hales. of Suicide Assessment and Management, 495-510
- Homicide: A Psychiatric Perspective. 2nd ed. 2006. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- "Juveniles and the Adult Criminal Justice System." R. Ratner and R. Rosner. 2003. Textbook of Adolescent Psychiatry, 489-494.
- APA Isaac Ray Award, 2011
- Golden Apple Award of the American Academy of Psychiatry & Law
- Manfred Guttmacher Award, 2007
- American Psychological Association Guttmacher Award, 2006