Carl P Malmquist
Educational Background & Specialties
- MS: Philosophy of Science, University of Minnesota , 1961.
- M.D.: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1958.
- B.A: Economics, University of Minnesota, College of Science, Literature and Arts. , Minneapolis, MN, 1952.
- Juvenile Justice
- Law and Society
- Law and the Mental Health System
- Soc 4148 - Criminal Psychopathology
- Soc 4149 - Killing
- Juvenile Law & Justice
- Seminar: Law, Society & the Mental Health System
Research & Professional Activities
- Psychiatric Consultant, District Court in Hennepin County: Consultant to judges on cases , 1970 - 2000
- Depression and Its Relationship to Violence; Characteristics of Juveniles Who Commit Paracides; Infanticide and Comparative Legal Issues Post-Termination Relationships with Professionals; Borderline Personality Disorders: A High-Risk Group for Violence.,
- Consultant: to courts, agencies, and law enforcement about the problems of risk assessment, and violent individuals.,
- Consultant work on issues involving mental health and legal issues: This work involves consultation with various organizations varying from the federal courts, state courts, law offices, prosecutors or the defense.,
- “Adolescent Parricide as a Clinical and Legal Problem.” 2010. Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law 38(1):73-79.
- “School Violence.” 2008. Pp. 537-554 in Textbook of Violence Assessment and Management, edited by R. I. Simon and K. Tardiff. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- “Combined Murder-Suicide.” 2006. Pp. 495-510 in Textbook of Suicide Assessment and Management, edited by R. I. Simon and R. E. Hales. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- Homicide: A Psychiatric Perspective. 2006. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- “Juveniles and the Adult Criminal Justice System.” 2003. Pp. 489-494 in Textbook of Adolescent Psychiatry, edited by .R. Ratner and R. Rosner. London: Arnold Press.
- APA Isaac Ray Award, 2011
- Golden Apple Award of the American Academy of Psychiatry & Law
- Manfred Guttmacher Award, 2007