Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D. Candidate: Sociology, University of Minnesota.
- B.A. Summa Cum Laude: Sociology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2009.
- human rights
- transitional justice
- Crime and Human Rights (TA), Spring 2012
- Criminal Domestic Violence (TA), Spring 2011
- Criminal Law in American Society (TA), Fall 2010
- Introduction to Criminal Justice (TA), Spring 2009
- Introduction to Sociology (TA), Fall 2008
Research & Professional Activities
- The Society Pages: Graduate Student Editorial Board , 2011 - Present
- Contexts Magazine: Graduate Student Editorial Board , 2010 - 2011
- Gender Equality and the Great Rape Decline: with Chris Uggen,
- Gender Violence in Darfur: with Gabrielle Ferrales,
- Collective Representations and Memories of Atrocities after Judicial Intervention: Darfur in International Comparison: Research Assistant (PI Joachim Savelsberg),
- Constructing Historical Narratives of the Rwandan Genocide:
- Nyseth, Hollie, Sarah Shannon, Kia Heise, and Suzy Maves McElrath. Spring 2011. “Embedded Sociologists.“ Contexts.
- Discoveries, 2010-2011. Contexts.
- Graduate Research Partnership Program (GRPP) Award. University of Minnesota, Summer 2011
- Engaged Sociology Award, University of Minnesota, 2011
- Beverly and Richard Fink Fellowship, University of Minnesota, 2010
- Martindale Research Grant, University of Minnesota, 2010