Interested in declaring a major or minor in communication studies? Send an email to email@example.com
Communication Studies Minor
To declare a minor in communication studies, please email advising with a request. As a communication studies minor, you are not required to attend a declaration session; however, you are more than welcome to join any of the declaration sessions to learn more about the department and opportunities. Upon receipt of the minor request, the departmental advisor will review any potential transfer credit already listed on the APAS and advise accordingly. Please allow up to one week for review.
Communication Studies BA
To declare a major in communication studies, you must attend a major declaration session. Sessions are scheduled for 45 minutes, and students are expected to RSVP. Please send an RSVP email to advising. In your email, include your full name, student ID #, and the session you plan to attend.
After attending a major declaration session, the advising office will submit your declaration information to the college for approval. The full major approval process usually takes about a week.
If you are interested in hearing more about this major, these sessions can be very helpful.
Upcoming Major Declaration Session Dates
Location: 200 Ford Hall
200 Ford Hall can be found at the west end of the hall.
Fall 2016 Major Declaration Sessions
- Wednesday, September 21 at 2:30pm
- Friday, September 30 at 11:00am
- Thursday, October 6 at 11:00am
- Wednesday, October 12 at 1:00pm
- Monday, October 17 at 2:00pm
- Thursday, October 20 at 9:00am
- Friday, October 28 at 1:00pm
- Thursday, November 3 at 1:00pm
- Friday, November 4 at 2:00pm
- Monday, November 7 at 2:30pm
- Thursday, November 10 at 10:00am
- Friday, November 18 at 1:00pm
- Tuesday, November 22 at 9:00am
- Friday, December 2 at 11:00am
- Wednesday, December 7 at 1:00pm
- Friday, December 16 at 11:00am