For more information on ways to
Office of Institutional Advancement
220 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For other giving options, visit
the U of M Foundation.
You Make Us Great
Your tax-deductible contribution provides our students with encouragement and vital financial support. It gives our faculty resources for enlarging knowledge and understanding. It helps to build and sustain a distinguished reputation for the department.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your contribution allows us to ensure:
- A distinguished faculty: creating endowed chairs and professorships and supporting interdisciplinary research centers and programs will help us recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Excellence and competitiveness of our graduate program: faculty choose institutions that attract the best graduate students. We need to ensure the excellence and competitiveness of our graduate programs so that we may compete for the best faculty and brightest students.
- A diverse and engaged undergraduate student body: although we are attracting better students than ever before, too many other outstanding students choose other institutions—often for financial reasons. Merit and need-based scholarships are needed to recruit many outstanding students.
Choose a Fund
There are a number of ways your gift can help support graduate and undergraduate students—the next generation of leaders and thinkers—in the Department of Philosophy:
- Department of Philosophy Annual Fund
This fund supports the most critical needs of the Department of Philosophy at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Douglas E. Lewis Fellowship
This fellowship helps to support and recruit talented graduate students in the Department of Philosophy, and was created to honor Lewis, a philosophy professor who retired in 2013 after five decades of service to the U of M.
- Lawrence Cattron/Frederick Woodbridge Scholarship
This scholarship supports promising University of Minnesota students majoring in philosophy who have at least 36 credit hours and have earned a 3.5 GPA or higher in their major courses.
- Minnesota Center for the Philosophy of Science Fund
This fund supports the operations and maintenance of the Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science in the College of Liberal Arts at University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Philosophy Camp
This fund provides scholarships for undergraduate students taking the "Lives Worth Living: Questions of Self, Vocation, and Community" immersion course within the Department of Philosophy.
- Tom Lapic Memorial Fellowship in Philosophy and Social Justice Fund
This fellowship supports graduate students studying philosophy and ethics in the Department of Philosophy, and is intended for students working to put the values of social justice, civil rights, and integrity in politics into public practice.