A number of advising resources are available to journalism majors. Work closely with these advisors to achieve your goals and remember that you are responsible for your own academic progress.
Advising Drop-In Hours
SJMC Student Services
110 Murphy Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-625-0120
Christine Mollen can help you to:
- File amendments to your program and amend your APAS report
- Declare the Mass Communication minor
- File internship or petition forms
Rebecca Rassier can help you to:
- Make simple updates to your program plan
- Review course prerequisites, registration, or other questions about SJMC courses
- Discuss petitions for exemptions to SJMC policies
- Discuss learning abroad options
Faculty mentors can help you to:
- Answer questions about your academic interests, your major and supporting coursework, and your program plan
- Find out more information about your field of interest, possible careers, internships, or graduate school
- Discuss extracurricular opportunities available with campus media outlets and other media
The following faculty are available to meet with students. If you schedule an appointment with one of them, please bring a copy of your program plan and your APAS report to your meeting.
For questions outside of the Journalism program
See College Advisors to:
- Discuss requirements for graduation (such as liberal education, second language and credit requirements). Meet with your College advisor before your senior year to review your degree progress. You can also consult your APAS report at any time.
- Ask questions about course planning, degree audits, and registration policies or procedures.
- Find out about University resources.
- Get assistance with academic difficulties and nonacademic issues.
- Petition college or university policies for appropriate exceptional circumstances.