Hire for Internships
Interns help an organization do more! Internships can be part-time or full-time, usually for a few months. During that time, interns can support multiple employees on multiple projects. They increase your organization's productivity and talent pool. Internships are mutually beneficial for students and employers
Advantages of Working with CLA Students
Students in the College of Liberal Arts must meet requirements that develop a broad knowledge base. These requirements are more rigorous than they've ever been. CLA students have excellent verbal and written communication skills, are creative problem-solvers, flexible, and strong critical thinkers. They are good at working both independently and collaboratively. CLA students can choose from more than 60 majors, making them a diverse talent pool for organizations.
Checkout where CLA students
have had internships.
Today's CLA students are the cream of the crop. Consider the class of 2019:
- 79% graduated in the top 25% of their high school class
- 35% ranked in the top 10% of their high school class
- 29,276 students applied for 2,560 openings in CLA
Students who graduate with a CLA degree are qualified to work in almost any corporate or nonprofit field. In business, for example, they go on to successful careers in finance, sales, operations, administration, marketing, public relations, and much more.
How Internships Benefit Employers
- Internships can function as a recruitment tool by providing a way to test out potential employees.
- Interns do valuable work for your organization.
- Interns help an employer stay connected to the culture and norms of a new generation—your future workforce.
- Interns who have a positive experience at your organization will speak highly about your organization to their contacts in many networks. This helps your visibility and strengthens your organization's reputation.
How Internships Benefit Students
- Internships provide professional work experience. At the same time, they allow students to test out a potential profession to see if it's a good fit.
- After doing an internship, students are better prepared to enter the workforce. (This benefits employers too!)
- Professional experience helps students strengthen communication, teamwork, problem-solving skills, and more.
- Internships help students develop a professional network.