Hours & Location
CLA Career Services
411 Bruininks Hall (formerly STSS.)
222 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Office & Resource Room Hours
8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
10:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Who We Serve
We work with all degree-seeking students enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts, Twin Cites. We also help recent CLA alumni up to one year after their graduation. We're also the pre-law advising office for all students who attend the U of M, Twin Cities.
Beyond students, we work with employers and recruiters (to help students find jobs and explore careers), and with U of M faculty and staff.
CLA Student Services is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive, and respectful environment for all members of our communities. If you have accommodation needs, comments or questions related to accessing our services, please let a member of our staff know.
Students can browse materials about CLA majors, career options, and graduate school options. Students can get free resume critiques whenever individual assistance is available. The Resource Room offers educational materials focused on the job search, resumes, interviews, and preparation to transition from students to working professionals.
The Resource Room has a well-trained staff of Peer Advisors to critique your resume or cover letter, guide you to valuable resources, or help you schedule an appointment with one of our professional career counselors.
- Majors: Explore your options and get help choosing a major
- Career Options: Learn what career paths are out there, and how to connect them to a major
- Job-Search Techniques: Resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, networking and more
- Internships: Why you should get one, how to find one, and how to get as much out of it as you can
- Graduate Schools: Exploring and applying
- Other Post-College Opportunities
- Career-Related Diversity Issues