Visit CLA Career Services
CLA Career Services
411 Bruininks Hall
222 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Office & Resource Room Hours
8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Who We Serve
We work with all degree-seeking students enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts, Twin Cites. We also help recent CLA alumni up to one year after their graduation. We're also the pre-law advising office for all students who attend the U of M, Twin Cities.
Beyond students, we work with employers and recruiters (to help students find jobs and explore careers), and with U of M faculty and staff.
CLA Student Services is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive, and respectful environment for all members of our communities. If you have accommodation needs, comments or questions related to accessing our services, please let a member of our staff know.
Located in Bruininks Hall 411, the Resource Room offers materials about CLA majors, career options, and graduate school options. You can get free resume critiques whenever individual assistance is available. The Resource Room also offers educational materials focused on the job search, resumes, interviews, and preparing to transition from being a student to a working professional.
The Resource Room has a well-trained staff of peer advisors to critique your resume or cover letter, guide you to valuable resources, or help you schedule an appointment with one of our professional career counselors.
- Majors: Explore your options and get help choosing a major
- Career Options: Learn what career paths are out there, and how to connect them to a major
- Job-Search Techniques: Resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, networking and more
- Internships: Why you should get one, how to find one, and how to get as much out of it as you can
- Graduate Schools: Exploring and applying
- Other Post-College Opportunities
- Career-Related Diversity Issues
Do you have a Skype or phone interview coming up and need a quiet place on campus? The CLA Interview Center in Bruininks Hall 524 is available by appointment for students to use. To reserve a room for your interview, please call 612-626-6574.