Amy M August
Educational Background & Specialties
- M.A.: Social Sciences - Comparative Human Development, University of Chicago, 2012.
- M.A.: Teaching, Dominican University, River Forest, IL, 2006.
- B.A.: English Literature, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2002.
- parenting, childhood, and families
- youth extracurricular activities
- Social Theory, SOC 3701 at University of Minnesota
- Love, Sex, and Marriage, SOC 4521 at University of Minnesota
- Criminology and Criminal Behavior - at South Central College
- Introduction to Sociology - at South Central College
Research & Professional Activities
- Kids' Involvement and Diversity Study: Ethnography Project Manager, University of Minnesota, April 2015 - present
- Parent Orientations toward Children's Activity Involvement: Research Assistant, University of Minnesota, April 2014 - September 2014
- Breast Cancer Interview Study: Project Manager, University of Chicago Survey Lab, January 2013 - September 2013
- Simulated Patient Study: Research Assistant, University of Chicago, September 2012 - January 2013
- Hartmann, Douglas and Amy August. 2018. "High School Sports." Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology, pp. 335-344.