Emily A Fedoruk
Educational Background & Specialties
- M.A.: English Literature, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, 2010.
- B.A. Hons.: English Literature, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, 2008.
- contemporary North American poetry and poetics
- critical geography and urbanism in the US and Canada
- theories of the built environment
- literary public art
- consumer culture
- Marxist theory
- CSCL 3173W: The Rhetoric of Everyday Life
- CSCL 3461: Monsters, Robots, and Cyborgs (Assistant)
- CSCL 1401: Reading Literature (Instructor)
- CSCL 1301: Reading Culture (Instructor)
- CSCL 1101: Introduction to Literature (Assistant)
- CSCL 1001: Introduction to Cultural Studies (Assistant)
- Fedoruk, Emily A. " Never / Again: Reading the Qaytayt Nation and New Westminster in Public Poetry Installations." (In process 2019):
- with Tiziana La Melia. "Shelf Life for Bottles and Faces" Oral Like Cloak, Dialects . Publication Studio, 2015.
- Fedoruk, Emily A, Curator/Ed. Julian Hou. "My Problem with Plot." The Corruption of Time’s Dust (2014): Link
- Fedoruk, Emily A. "Applied Comfort—calm series (Poem for artist Tegan Moore’s solo exhibition SPECS.)" Toronto: MKG127 Gallery, 2014. Link
- Fedoruk, Emily A. "HIdden Palms." PELT. Organism for Poetic Research , 2014. Link
- Fedoruk, Emily A. Dandelion Special Issue: Poets Galore!. Ed. Jake Kennedy and kevin mcpherson eckhoff, 2012.
- Fedoruk, Emily A. "Good Malls Make Good Neighbours: Settling Community Under Capitalism." West Coast Line 73 (2012):
- Fedoruk, Emily A. "cures" PELT. Brooklyn: Organization for Poetic Research, 2012. Link
- Fedoruk, Emily A. Digital Natives. ed. Lorna Brown and Clint Burnham. Vancouver: Other Sites, 2012. Link
- still more / more and mall. Fedoruk, Emily, Vancouver: Standard Ink and Copy, Author, 2010.
- "dear drugstore." W 2010.: Fedoruk, Emily, Vancouver: Kootenay School of Writing, Author.
- W 2010. Fedoruk, Emily, with Steve Collis, Kim Duff, Donato Mancini and Tony Power, Vancouver: Kootenay School of Writing, Co-Editor, 2010.
- Fedoruk, Emily A. "cirrus" Open Text: Canadian Poetry and Poetics in the 21st Century. vol. 2. ed. Roger Farr. North Vancouver: Capilano University Editions, 2010,
- All Still. Fedoruk, Emily, Burnaby: LINEbooks, Author, 2008.
- Thesis Research Travel Grant, University of Minnesota Graduate School, 2016
- Doctoral Fellowship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, 2013 - 2014
- Interdisciplinary Doctoral Fellowship, Institute for Advanced Study, University of Minnesota, 2013 - 2014
- Edward Said Memorial Language Fellowship, 2013
- Graduate Research Partnership Program, 2012
- Edward W. Said Memorial Fellowship, 2011