Erin E Hoekstra
Educational Background & Specialties
- M.A.: Sociology, University of Minnesota, 2015.
- M.A.: Social Policy, Coventry University, 2009.
- M.A.: Post-colonial Cultural Studies, University of Manchester, 2006.
- B.A.: Sociology/Anthropology, Rhodes College, 2004.
- Health Disparities and Medical Sociology
- Social Movements
- Critical Race and Ethnicity
- Critical Criminology
- Sociology of Health and Illness (Instructor), Summer 2017
- Sociological Theory (Instructor), Spring 2016 and Fall 2016
- Introduction to Sociology (Instructor - St. Catherine University), Fall 2012, Spring 2013 (2 sections), Fall 2013
- Introduction to Sociology (TA and Discussion Section Leader), Spring 2012
- Introduction to Criminal Justice (TA), Fall 2011
Research & Professional Activities
- Visiting Graduate Student, Center for Comparative Immigration Studies, University of California - San Diego: 2016-2018
- Graduate Research Assistant: Medical Deportation (PI, Lisa Sun-hee Park): 2017-2018
- Graduate Research Assistant: Mass Incarceration and Environmental Justice (PI - David Pellow): 2015-2016
- Graduate Research Assistant: Flexible Work and Well-being (PIs: Erin Kelly and Phyllis Moen): 2012 - 2015
- Hoekstra, Erin E, Gerteis, Joseph (Forthcoming 2018). The Civic Side of Diversity: Ambivalence and Belonging at the Neighborhood Level. City & Community,
- Park, Lisa, Jimenez, Anthony, and Hoekstra, Erin (2017). Decolonizing the U.S. Health Care System: Undocumented and Disabled After the Affordable Care Act. Health Tomorrow: Interdisciplinarity and Intersectionality, Vol 5: Taking Back Health, 24-54.
- Hoekstra, Erin E (2014). Of Carbon and Cash. Owned, 43-56.
- Hoekstra, Erin E, Miah, Raja (2008). Building Local Solidarity. Citizenship, Cohesion and Solidarity, 72-81.
- Anna Welsch Bright Dissertation Research Award, 2015
- Graduate Research Partnership Program, Sumer 2015
- Bilinski Foundation Fellowship, Summer 2014
- American Mosaic Project Fellowship, Summer 2012