Donna C Jackson
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Musicology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1972.
- M.A.: Musicology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1964.
- B.A.: Music, Wells College, Aurora, New York, 1959.
- Orlando di Lasso
- musical courtesans of the Italian renaissance
- music printing in Renaissance Italy
- music in medieval and renaissance culture
- Italian renaissance music and comedy
- Neapolitan and Venetian dialect songs
- Mus 3029/Hum 3029 - Music in the 20th Century
- Mus 8632 - Seminar: Music in Early Modern Europe
- Mus 8644 - Seminar: Advanced Research in Historical Musicology
- Mus 8631 - Seminar: Music in Medieval Europe
- Mus 8640 - Seminar: The Ballets of Igor Stravinsky
- Mus 5950 - The Musician in French and Italian Culture, ca.1100-1600
- Mus 5666 - The Music of Igor Stravinsky
- Mus 5647 - European/American Music in the Twentieth Century
Research & Professional Activities
- Prescreener for American Council of Learned Societies: Review grant applications , 2000 - 2003
- Member of Editorial Board: Journal of the American Musicological Society , 1995 - 1998
- Affiliate member of the Italian faculty: Offer courses, co-advise theses , September 2004
- Member of the American Musicological Society, International Musicological Society, Renaisance Society of America, Societí italiana di musicologia, Society for the Study of Early Modern Women:
- Reception and Uses of the Winchester Partbooks in Elizabethan England: Edition of Italian dialect songs in the Winchester Partbooks for A-R Editions, June 2004 - June 2005
- Genesis and Evolution of the canzone villanesca alla napolitana, 1530-1560: Determine generic models for song-types in farces and improvised comedy, September 2003 - August 2004
- Isabella Medici-Orsini: A Portrait of Self-Affirmation: Jackson, Donna, Gender, Sexuality, and Early Music, Routledge, 2001.
- Giovanthomaso Cimello: The Collected Secular Works: Jackson, Donna, A-R Editions, Recent Researches in the Music of the Renaissance, 126 , 2001.
- The Salon as Marketplace in the 1550s: Patrons and Collectors of Lasso'sSecular Music: Jackson, Donna, Cambridge University Press, Lasso Studies, 1999.
- The Prince of Salerno and the Dynamics of Oral Transmission in Songs of Political Exile: Jackson, Donna, Acta Musicologica, 57 , 1995.
- Orlando di Lasso: Canzoni villanesche and villanelle. Jackson, Donna, 1991.
- The canzone villanesca alla napolitana and Related Forms, 1537-1570. Jackson, Donna, UMI Research Press, 1981.
- Lifting the Protective Veil of Anonymity: Women as Composer-Performers, ca 1300-1566: Jackson, Donna, Women Composers: Music Through The Ages, 1 , 1996.
- American Council of Learned Societies Fellowship
- American Philosophical Society Research Grant
- College of Liberal Arts Scholars of the College, University of Minnesota, 1994
- Fulbright Grant for Research
- McKnight Summer Fellowship
- National Endowment for the Humanities, Travel to Collections Grant, 1989