Kenneth O Doyle
Hubbard School of Journalism and Mass Communication
206 Church St SE
323 Murphy Hall
Educational Background & Specialties
- Ph.D.: Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
- AB: Philosophy, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI.
- Philosophy, Pontificia Universitas Gregoriana, Rome, Italy.
- Literature and Languages, Mount St. Paul's College, Waukesha, WI.
- psychological meanings of money and property
- cross-cultural similarities and differences
- motivation and persuasion
- quantitative and qualitative research methodology
- JOUR 1911 The Symbolic Meanings of Money and Property
- JOUR 3991/5991 Persuasion
- JOUR 4274W Advertising in Society
- JOUR 3741 - Racial Minorities and the Mass Media
- JOUR 3251 - Advertising and Public Relations Research
- JOUR 4263 - Strategic Communication Campaigns
- JOUR 8502 - Seminar: Multi-Method Research Design
Research & Professional Activities
- Director, Mass Communication Research Division, University of Minnesota: 1996 - 2004
- Director of Graduate Studies, Journalism, University of Minnesota: 2000 - 2004
- President, Minnesota Association of Scholars: Promote intellectual diversity on college campuses , 2006 - 2008
- Founding President, Association for Financial Psychology: Professional networking and collaboration , 2006 - 2009
- Founding President, Circumnavigators Club, MN Chapter: Promote global experience and understanding , 2007 - 2009
- Peace of Mind for Your Aging Parents: A Legal, Financial, and Psychological Toolkit for Adult Children and Other Caregivers. Doyle, Kenneth, Larry Houk, ABC-CLIO: Praeger, Co-Author, Forthcoming.
- To Tax or to Ration: Medicare, Medicaid, and our Long-Term Healthcare Crisis. Doyle, Kenneth, Larry Houk, Old Stone House Publishing, St. Paul MN, Co-Author, 2002.
- Doyle, Kenneth O. (2008) (Ed.) Psychology and the New Media, Vol 2. Special Issue of American Behavioral Scientist, 52(1), 3-140.
- Doyle, Kenneth O. (2004) (Ed.) "Psychology and the New Media." Special Issue of American Behavioral Scientist, 48(4),371-495.
- Doyle, Kenneth O. (2001) (Ed.) Ethnicity and Money. Special Issue of American Behavioral Scientist, 45(2), 177-351.
- The Social Meanings of Money and Property: In Search of a Talisman. Doyle, Kenneth, Sage Publications, 1999.
- Doyle, Kenneth O. (1992) (Ed.) The Meanings of Money. Special Issue of American Behavioral Scientist, 35(6), 637-836.
- Doyle, Ken, and Larry Houk (1990). The Spend Down Solution: How to deal with the financial and emotional costs of long-term healthcare. St. Paul MN: Knightsbridge, St. John.
- Being Liked and Teaching: The Bases and Effects of Personal Likability in College Instruction: Doyle, Kenneth, Seymour Uranowitz, Research in Higher Education, 9(1) 15-41, 1978.
- Toward a Cross-Disciplinary Dialogue about the Meanings of Money. Doyle, Kenneth, 1999.
- Evaluating Teaching. Doyle, Kenneth, D.C. Heath, 1981.
- Doyle, Kenneth O. (1975) Student Evaluation of Instruction. Lexington MA: Heath
- W. J. McKeachie Career Development Award, AERA