Educational Background & Specialties
- M.A.: Political Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 2013.
- B.A.: Human Rights and Political Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 2010.
- Rule of Law
- Women and Gender
- Customary/traditional justice
- Qualitative research methods and ethnography
- Research ethics
- comparative politics
- African politics
Research & Professional Activities
- Customary Justice and the Rule of Law in the Eastern DRC: A Case Study of Baraza : Master's Dissertation , September 2011 - December 2012
- Dunn, H. (2016). The Transitional Justice Gap: Exploring ‘Everyday’ Gendered Harms and Customary Justice in South Kivu, DR Congo Feminist Legal Studies, 1-27.
- Dunn, H., & Matthew, R. (2015). Natural Resources and Gender in Conflict Settings. Peace Review, 27(2), 156-164.
- Doctoral Fellowship, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, 2014 - 2018
- Andrew Dickinson Memorial Fellowship, Department of Political Science, University of Minnesota, 2016
- International Thesis Travel Research Grant, Graduate School, University of Minnesota, 2016
- Research Fellowship, Department of Political Science, University of Minnesota, 2015
- Travel Grant, Interdisciplinary Perspectives on International Development, University of Minnesota, 2015
- Scholarship, Mixed Methods Interdisciplinary Graduate Group, University of Minnesota, 2014