Educational Background & Specialties
- development of culture theory
- history of anthropology
- intersection of philosophy and anthropology
- Anth 3045 - Religion and Culture
- Anth 4023W - Culture Theory
- Anth 4071 - Race and Culture
- Anth 4980 - Topics in Sociocultural Anthropology: Culture Theory - Advanced
Research & Professional Activities
- Graduate Committee, Department of Anthropology, University of Minnesota:
- Review of 'Individualism and the Unity of Science: Essays on Reduction, Explanation, and the Social Sciences,' Harold Kincaid, 1997. Penn, Mischa, S. Gudeman, 2000.
- The Mere Notion of a Model. Penn, Mischa, R. Aris, 1995.
- Chorology and landscape: An internalist reading of the morphology of Landscape. Penn, Mischa, F. Lukermann, 1994.
- Chambri Mysticism and Sepik Regional Exchange: A Critique of Errington and Gewirtz. Penn, Mischa, D. Lipset, Oceania, 1990.
- College of Liberal Arts Teaching Award, University of Minnesota, 1970
- Member, Professors' Hall of Fame, 1996
- Morse Distinguished Teaching Professor of Social Science, 1996
- Morse Amoco Award, 1975
- Academy of Distinguished Teachers, 1999