Welcome to CLA Alumni Life!
Don't Be the Last to Know.
Keep Up on What's Happening in CLA.
- Get the latest news on our website
Like/Follow us on:
Stay Connected...Near or Far
- First, make sure we can connect with you. Update your mail and email addresses.
- Complete our Post-Graduation Survey. Whether you've launched your career or are still figuring out your next steps, your response will help us tailor our support.
- Engage with alumni on the Maroon and Gold Network, a free, online career and networking platform from the U of M Alumni Association. Search for fellow alumni by industry, college, major, degree type, employer, location, and more.
- Join the CLA LinkedIn alumni group to network with fellow alumni.
- Attend arts and cultural events, lectures, and workshops happening in CLA.
- Network and socialize with other alumni and volunteers to help upcoming CLA students through the CLA Alumni Community.
- Join the University of Minnesota Alumni Association and take advantage of discounts, career resources, and networking. The recent grad membership rate is only $25/year.
- Consider your alma mater for lifelong learning opportunities including graduate school.
Tap Our Resources
- CLA Alumni Relations is here for you for your lifetime.
- CLA Career Services are still available for you for up to one year after you earn your bachelor's degree.
- Go to z.umn.edu/clacareerdropins for quick help from peer advisors Monday-Friday, 9 AM- 4:30 PM (CT), or schedule a 30-minute virtual appointment with a career counselor at clacareer.appointments.umn.edu. For other assistance, call (612) 624-7577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consult resources on your own at z.umn.edu/clacareer, where you can find on-demand help through our YouTube video library, sign up for one or more of our CLA Career Field Updates, download our Career Readiness Guide and other career-related worksheets and handouts to take action, and search for jobs & internships, find employer contacts, and sign up for career events at GoldPASS powered by Handshake.
- Submit your career documents, such as resumes and cover letters, and within three business days you will receive customized feedback from a CLA Career Services Peer Advisor.
- Find out about job postings — as an employee and as an employer — as you continue your career journey.
- The CLA Office of Research and Graduate Programs offers comprehensive career services specifically for graduate students. Visit the Graduate Career Services page to learn more about their services and to schedule an appointment with the Director of Graduate Career Services.