Scholarships and Fellowships
- The US Department of State funds intensive summer studies overseas through the Critical Language Scholarship Program.
- The University of Minnesota Institute for Global Studies awards Foreign Language & Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships each year for language study at the University of Minnesota or abroad.
- The National Security Education Program awards Boren Scholarships and Fellowships to undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in working for the US government.
- The Fulbright US Student Program enables recent graduates and graduate students to study or undertake research in a foreign country.
- The Sultan Qaboos Cultural Center offers annual scholarships for intermediate and advanced level Arabic students for study in Oman.
- The Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA) funds intensive Arabic study for a 12-month period.
Your Arabic Proficiency
- The 2012 proficiency guidelines of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), including the skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening.
- The Center for Applied Linguistics offers extensive information to about oral proficiency in Arabic.