Summer Chinese Program
Complete an entire year of Chinese study in only ten weeks! The Department of Asian Languages & Literatures offers an intensive, ten-week summer program in Beginning and Intermediate Chinese. Our summer course is open to both University of Minnesota students and non-UMN students. For more details and registration information, visit the Asian Languages Summer Program page and the Summer Chinese Program subpage.
- CIEE China: Beijing, Nanjing, or Shanghai
- CIEE in Taipei
- Intensive Language & Culture in Nanjing
- Alliance China in Shanghai or Xi'an
- CET in Beijing
The TandemPlus Language Exchange Program
Students enrolled in Chinese classes are encouraged to participate in a language partnership through TandemPlus, a language exchange program run by the Language Center. Students enrolled in TandemPlus meet weekly with a native speaker of Chinese to practice conversation in Chinese and English. The program is free and students can participate in as many language partnerships as they like. The TandemPlus program is a great opportunity to practice conversational Chinese, to learn about Chinese culture, and to make new friends.
The Chinese Flagship Program
Students in the Chinese Flagship program belong to an elite, federally-funded program that trains students to attain the highest professional level of Chinese language.
- China Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Scholarships Administered by U of MN China Center
- Walter H. Judd International Graduate & Professional
- U of MN Learning Abroad Center Scholarship Opportunities
- International Reciprocal Student Exchange Program (IRSEP)
- Hsiao Scholarship
- Sullivan Scholarship for Study Abroad