Summer Japanese Program
Complete an entire year of Japanese study in only ten weeks! The Department of Asian Languages & Literatures offers an intensive, ten-week summer program in Beginning and Intermediate Japanese. Our summer course is open to both University of Minnesota students and non-UMN students. For details and registration information, visit the Asian Languages and Literatures Summer Program page, and the Summer Japanese Program subpage.
Study Abroad Exchange Programs
- Hiroshima – Hiroshima University
- Kyoto – Ritsumeikan University
- Nagoya – Nagoya University
- Tokyo – Hitotsubashi University
- Tokyo – Sophia University
- Cultural Experience with student organizations on campus
There are several Japan-related student organizations on campus. Among them are: Asobou Japanese Immersion (AJI) Club, J-Café, and Japan Student Association (JSA). Students can enjoy Japanese events, films, and conversations.
- Tutors and conversation partners
Students have opportunities to be provided with tutors by the Japanese Language Program, and with language exchange experience by the Tandem Plus Program sponsored by the CLA Language Center.