2019 Summer Research Grants in Austrian/Central European Studies for UMN graduate students - apply by April 5!
The Center for Austrian Studies is able to offer a limited number of Summer 2019 Research Grants of $4,000. The grants are intended to provide financial support to currently enrolled University of Minnesota graduate students in order to further their progress towards the degree. Applications are welcome from all disciplines with a connection to Austrian/Central European Studies.
- Applicants should be fully matriculated UMN advanced graduate students (pre or post prelims) who specialize in or intend to explore specialization in Austrian/Central European Studies. Applications from all disciplines are welcome.
- Applicants who have an Incomplete on their record at the time of application are not eligible.
- Students supported under the Graduate Research Partnership Program for summer 2018 are not eligible.
Students should e-mail the following as Word documents to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019.
- A two-page proposal describing the scholarly work to be undertaken during the summer. The work must be related directly to your progress towards degree completion.
- A statement of academic progress, listing:
- year of entrance into the graduate program
- actual or projected dates of PhD prelims, prospectus meeting, and PhD defense, as appropriate
- remaining degree requirements to be completed, with a schedule for completion
- Letter of Recommendation by the applicant’s advisor.
A faculty committee will evaluate applications and submit its recommendations to the director. Notification of awards will be sent by early May, 2018.
(1) Excellence and merit of the proposed work. (2) Demonstrated record of timely progress towards the degree. (3) Contribution of proposed work to further degree progress.
For more information regarding the 2019 program, contact:
Center for Austrian Studies