2021 CAS Summer Research Grants for UMN Graduate Students - Apply by March 30
The Center for Austrian Studies is able to offer a limited number of summer 2021 Research Grants of $4,000. The grants are intended to provide financial support to currently enrolled University of Minnesota graduate students in order to further their progress towards the degree. Applications are welcome from all disciplines with a connection to Austrian/Central European Studies.
- Applicants should be fully matriculated UMN advanced graduate students (pre or post prelims) who specialize in or intend to explore specialization in Austrian/Central European Studies. Applications from all disciplines are welcome.
- Applicants who have an Incomplete on their record at the time of application are not eligible.
Students should e-mail the following as Word documents to Howard Louthan (email@example.com) by 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 30, 2021.
- A two-page proposal describing the scholarly work to be undertaken during the summer. The work must be related directly to your progress towards degree completion.
- A statement of academic progress, listing:
- year of entrance into the graduate program
- actual or projected dates of PhD prelims, prospectus meeting, and PhD defense, as appropriate
- remaining degree requirements to be completed, with a schedule for completion
- Letter of Recommendation by the applicant’s advisor.
A faculty committee will evaluate applications and submit its recommendations to the director. Notification of awards will be sent by early May 2021.