Managing Finances During COVID-19
We understand that many students’ financial situations may have shifted dramatically and this can be a source of significant stress. Below are some resources to help guide you. You can also make an appointment with a Career Counselor for support in finding work as one possible strategy to help with your financial needs.
Student Emergency Funding
- Students should contact their CLA Academic Advisor or email One Stop at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire regarding student emergency funds.
- One Stop Student Services provides expert advice regarding registration, financial aid, billing, payment, student records, veterans benefits, and a variety of Financial Wellness Resources, including individual (virtual) appointments.
- University Alumni Association Webinar: Financial Wellness 101
- Our presenters, Betsy Everts and Amanda Temple, indicated they are open to follow up questions from registrants and their contact information can be found within the presentation slides.
- Please follow this link to a brief, 2-minute survey about your webinar experience: Take the Survey
- To learn more about virtual events and resources for career development and personal growth, go to umnalumni.org/virtual.
- Finally, thank you to our Alumni Association members and donors for making initiatives like our webinar series possible. If you are interested in learning more about the Alumni Association, visit umnalumni.org/membership.
- LSS Financial Counseling is available by phone or online appointment to all University employees (including undergraduate student employees) on all campuses. Talk with a LSS counselor about important steps you can take to decrease financial stress. Budgeting, loans management/repayment, and credit score improvement are just a few topics that can be addressed.