GoldPASS powered by Handshake
GoldPASS powered by Handshake is the University of Minnesota’s free search database for jobs, internships, and volunteer positions. It is truly an amazing resource, offered exclusively to UMN students and alumni!
You should know, though, that it’s much more than “just” a jobs/internships database. You can register for career fairs and employer events, sign up for interviews with organizations that are coming to campus, and access other job search resources.
Get started on GoldPASS powered by Handshake
Follow these 5 steps to get started!
1. Log in
Go to goldpass.umn.edu and log in to your account using your UMN email address and password.
2. Complete profile
Fill out your profile and career interests to help customize your experience.
Click on your name (top right), and then My Profile or Career Interests
Hint: you can choose if you'd like your profile to be viewable to employers or not.
3. Upload your resume
Upload your resume in order to apply for jobs and internships, sign up for on-campus interviews, and more.
Hint: If your resume was approved in GoldPASS in the past, you do not need to get it approved again. If you're uploading your first resume, you will be notified if it is approved or next steps if needed.
4. Set your notification preferences
Receive notifications about your applications, interviews, career fairs, events, and more through email, push notifications (iOS), or within the GoldPASS powered by Handshake system.
Click on your name (top right) and then Notifications
5. Download the Handshake app for access to GoldPASS on the go.
Job/Internship/Volunteer Position Listings and Descriptions
On a typical day, you’ll find some 4,500 postings for jobs, internships, and volunteer positions on GoldPASS, submitted by thousands of active organizations. You can use GoldPASS’s handy search boxes and filters to refine (by location, by keyword, or by industry, for example) making it even easier to explore careers with precision. You can even save these customized searches so that you don’t have to set up filters every time you’re on GoldPASS and set up search alerts so that new positions that meet your job search criteria are emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
GoldPASS’s Additional Resources
GoldPASS has five additional resources that you’ll want to access:
- Candid Career, which offers videos featuring informational interviews with UMN alumni and other professionals (along with hundreds of additional videos on job search-related topics).
- The Maroon and Gold Network, an initiative of the University of Minnesota Alumni Association that allows you to get career-related advice from U of M alumni around the world who have volunteered to share it!
- Use the Maroon and Gold Network to make your initial connections with alumni. Through your conversations with them, you’ll gain valuable perspectives as you explore your academic and career options and, eventually, start pursuing jobs/internships or other opportunities (like graduate/professional school, for example, or even an independent/entrepreneurial career).
- GoinGlobal, which presents career and employment information for major cities in the United States (“U.S. City Guides” option) as well as countries around the world (“Country Guides” option).
- InterviewStream, which allows you to do practice interviews using your own computer, at your convenience. (Your computer needs to be equipped with a webcam and microphone.)
Download the Handshake App
Download the Handshake app for iOS and Andriod to access GoldPASS powered by Handshake on your cell phone.