Majors & Minors
The Department of Classical and Near Eastern Studies offers three undergraduate program options:
- BA in Classics (with sub-plans in Greek, Latin, Greek and Latin, and Classical Civilization)
- BA in Biblical Studies
- Multiple minor programs in CNES
Our major and minor programs are part of a rigorous and exciting liberal arts education that emphasizes:
- critical reading and thinking skills
- effective oral and written communication of information and ideas
- a thorough understanding of the methods by which society, culture, and language are studied
Our students are prepared not only for graduate work in fields such as ancient Near Eastern studies, biblical studies, and classics, but also for any professional training or career that requires critical thinking and communication skills.
All of our majors provide a good foundation for law school or—with appropriate coursework—medical school, as well as any number of other careers.
Our minor programs allow students to develop their knowledge and skills in an area of the department beyond the intermediate level while they pursue majors and career goals in another field.
For more information or to declare, contact Spencer Cole, our Director of Undergraduate Studies.