Employer Advisory Council
On This Page:
The CLA Career Services Employer Advisory Council brings together employment professionals whose expertise and feedback help CLA Career Services:
- Better prepare CLA students for career opportunities (internships and full-time positions).
- Ensure that CLA students are competitive and able to demonstrate proficiency in the CLA Core Career Competencies that signify career readiness.
A secondary goal of the council is to provide CLA Career Services with feedback on how we can best engage employers. This includes helping us learn what our office is doing well along with what we can do better, or differently, to deepen employer engagement within CLA and cultivate involvement that is innovative, creative, and valuable for employers and CLA alike.
You’ll benefit in several tangible ways:
- Build and strengthen your organization’s brand visibility in CLA.
- Establish valuable professional connections on campus.
- Gain valuable insights from, and be able to share best practices with, other council members.
- Meet and work closely with CLA Career Services staff to enhance your organization’s recruiting strategies.
Your involvement as a member of the Employer Advisory Council will also enable your organization to give back in meaningful capacities—and help CLA students to be competitive applicants for the employment opportunities they pursue.
The time commitment is minimal with meetings on campus typically twice a year late fall and spring semester. If interested, council members can also contribute to CLA Career Services projects outside of these meetings.
- ACR Homes
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
- Best Buy
- C.H. Robinson
- Dakota County
- Enterprise Holdings
- Hennepin County
- Robert Half
- SPS Commerce
- The Arc Minnesota
- The BrandLab
- UnitedHealth Group
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
This Council has allowed me to learn about industry trends, best ways to connect with liberal arts students and with industry leaders in recruitment. I have also had the opportunity to participate in excellent networking opportunities with education and career experts and with hiring professionals in the corporate, government and non-profit sectors. I have also learned about educational and career trends, core competencies and a host of other valuable information. This has been the most beneficial council I have ever participated in.
The Arc Minnesota