Arts Quarter Festival
October 11, 2018 - 6:30pm to 10:00pm
West Bank Arts Quarter
21st Avenue South & 4th Street South
Arts collide at the 3rd annual Arts Quarter Festival: an evening mashup of visual art, dance, music, and theatre showcasing student and faculty talent from across the University. In honor of the college’s 150th anniversary, the first two hours of the festival will showcase the work of CLA arts faculty Christine Baeumler, Carl Flink, Matthew Lefebvre, Lynn Lukkas, and Talvin Wilks, in collaboration with student artists.
6:30pm - 8:00pm An evening showcasing original art and performance works created by faculty artists across the Arts Quarter.
8:00pm - 10:00pm Students take over the festival with with work ranging from traditional to modern to experimental.
- Linger over a variety of photography and visual art exhibits
- Build an instrument with the Music Therapy Student Association
- Chill out to the sounds of Electro Pop Rock Marimba
- Feel the heat from the North Star Aluminium Pour
- Screen Print a tote bag with Bohemian Press
- Create a sonic conversation at the Audio Playground
- Treat yourself to a snack from local food trucks
- Rock out to student bands in the Ferguson Amphitheater
- Try your hand at wheel throwing with the Ceramics Collective
- Warm up at the fire pits and roast a marshmallow
The festival will take place in a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces in the Arts Quarter on the West Bank of the University of Minnesota campus. This event is rain or shine!