Our course guides outline both current and old BSE curriculum classes. We post a new course guide one week before registration opens, but you can always view the University Catalogs for a complete list of course offerings.
- The Fall 2018 Course Guide is here! Check back during 1st week of registration for additional approved electives & updated times.
- The Summer 2018 Course Guide
- Spring 2018 Course Guide of interest to BSE majors.
- Click here to the "Old Curriculum" classes guide for students who declared prior to Fall 2015 only.
- Fall 2017 Course Guide and "Old Curriculum" Courses Guide
- Spring 2017 Course Guide (updated 12/16) and Spring 2017 "Old Curriculum" Course Guide
- Summer 2016 Course Guide
- Additional BSE Courses approved for major credit Spring 2017 only
- Geography Courses of interest to BSE majors
APAS updates, Course Petitions & Transfer equivalency information
If you are interested in requesting major or minor credit for a course taken at the University of Minnesota or at another academic institution, please see our GES course petition process page here. Transfer students should learn about how credits transfer to CLA and should investigate Transferology—a free system that helps students coordinate their transfer credits with their degree program.
BSE 2001: Request a permission number for BSE 2001 here
Need a permission number? Contact the instructor of a class or the departmental advisor for a course as follows:
- BSE: Undergraduate Advising
- GEOG: Sara Braun
- GIS: Susanna McMaster
- URBS: Paula Pentel
- All others, contact staff and/or instructor as follows
For questions about courses offered by other departments (e.g., BIOL, MATH, GLOS, etc.) contact the staff and/or instructor of those departments directly.
|Course Number||Course Title||Sections|
|BSE 2001||An Introduction to Biology, Society, and Environment||Sections |
|BSE 3991||Biology, Society and Environment Capstone Completion||Sections |
|BSE 3996||Senior Project Directed Research||Sections |
|BSE 3996H||Honors: Senior Project Directed Research||Sections |
|BSE 3997||Senior Project||Sections |
|BSE 3997H||Honors: Senior Project||Sections |