Our course guides outline both current and old BSE curriculum classes. We post a new course guide one week before registration opens, but you can always view the University Catalogs for a complete list of course offerings.

Major Credit

APAS updates, Course Petitions & Transfer equivalencies

If you are interested in requesting major or minor credit for a course taken at the University of Minnesota or at another academic institution, please complete our course petition form or bring a course syllabus to a meeting with the BSE advisor. Transfer students should learn about how credits transfer to CLA and should investigate Transferology—a free system that helps students coordinate their transfer credits with their degree program.

Request a BSE APAS update

Permission Numbers

BSE 2001: Request a permission number for BSE 2001 here

Need a permission number? Contact the instructor of a class or the departmental advisor for a course as follows:

For questions about courses offered by other departments (e.g., BIOL, MATH, GLOS, etc.) contact the staff and/or instructor of those departments directly.

Fall 2017

Course NumberCourse TitleSections
BSE 2001An Introduction to Biology, Society, and EnvironmentSections [1]
BSE 3361WGeography and Public PolicySections [1]
BSE 3996Senior Project Directed ResearchSections [1]
BSE 3996HHonors: Senior Project Directed ResearchSections [1]
BSE 3997Senior ProjectSections [1]
BSE 3997HHonors: Senior ProjectSections [1]

Spring 2018

There are no BSE courses available for Spring 2018.
Please see for more info.