The Department has up to two $3000 scholarships for students taking Scandinavian courses. One of these is reserved for a student of Swedish. The scholarships are merit based, with some consideration given to financial need.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed a 1003 or high language course in FIN, NOR or SWED
- Must be registered for a minimum of 15 credits during the term of award
The deadline is usually in spring semester and is announced here and on our undergraduate listservs. The following materials are required:
- Application form (pdf). (Please contact email@example.com if you have problems downloading this form or if you would like it as a Word document.)
- A one-page, single-spaced statement discussing your interest in Scandinavian studies, why you are applying for a scholarship and a brief indication of financial need.
- An unofficial transcript as pdf.
- A letter from a GSD instructor. NOTE: The letter must reach the Department by the application deadline, so you should request it as soon as possible.