Breaks & Summer:
There are no advising hours
during winter break, spring
break, or the summer. If you
have a problem that absolutely
cannot wait until the DUS returns
for the academic year, email
Appointments take place in the office of the DUS, Jim Parente (328F Folwell Hall), and are usually 15 minutes long. If you have a more complex situation you need to discuss (e.g., transferring coursework from a non-US university), you may wish to reserve another 15 minute slot.
- To schedule an appointment, please reserve a slot on our Google Appointment Calendar using your UMN email account.
After you select your time slot, please put in the “Description” box one of the following topics you wish to discuss at your appointment:
- Learn more about or declare a major or minor
- Special approval of a class for a major or minor
- Planning for or returning from study abroad
- Transfering credits
- General advising
You will receive a confirmation email and the appointment will appear on your Google Calendar.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so as soon as possible. This ensures that other students may be able to use that time. Simply delete the appointment from your Google Calendar.
If you are not able to make the regularly scheduled times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- If you are experiencing any problems using the Google Appointment Calendar, please email email@example.com.