Language Testing Updates
You can keep up with information on the Language Testing Program’s response to the current emergency on their Testing Updates page.
Here is a summary of the current plan for various tests. Please note that this information is fluid and may change.
- Entrance Proficiency Test (EPT): This test was already entirely online and nothing has changed. Students may continue to take this test when they need it.
- Language Proficiency Test (LPE): Registration has been postponed as the program investigates alternatives to the current four-section, in-person assessment. More information will be available in the coming weeks.
- LPE Screening Test: Registration for the test has closed. The test has been postponed, but the program plans to offer the test remotely, when it is available from the vendor.
- Individual Language Assessment (ILA): The program is developing an alternative online assessment. The ILA is available only to students who have been referred by CLA Advising.
- College in the School (CIS) Testing: No decisions have been reached yet about the LPE or alternatives to the LPE for CIS.
- ACTFL and Advanced Certificate Testing: Registration is ongoing, and information will be available soon about the plan for testing this group of students.
Where to go with questions: