Friends of the School of Music
Friends of the School of Music are individuals who make an annual contribution. Their combined gifts help defray the costs of presenting high-quality concerts, recital events, and special learning opportunities for School of Music students. A portion of the gifts to Friends supports music scholarship students. Your gift to the Friends of the School of Music affirms your belief in the value of music education and music-making in Minnesota and beyond.
Gifts at any and all levels are most appreciated. There are many opportunities within the School of Music to make a major gift—including naming options to honor a loved one or a musician who profoundly and positively impacted your life—through an endowed scholarship. This is a wonderful and inspiring gesture!
We offer annual membership levels designed to meet your needs and interests:
- $25: Student and Young Alumni
University of Minnesota students and graduates from within the last ten years
- $50: Friend
- $100: Supporter
- $250: Patron
- $500: Benefactor
- $1,000: Golden Gopher
Benefits for all Friends of the School of Music members include:
- Ostinato: a weekly e-newsletter featuring School of Music events
- Tutti: recognition as a donor (or anonymous donor) in Tutti, the annual magazine featuring School of Music alumni, faculty, and staff news
- Collage Concert: invitation to the VIP pre-concert reception at the annual fall showcase of School of Music programs
- Receptions/Special Events: invitation to Friends of the School of Music receptions at ensemble performances and special events, both on and off campus