Chamber ensembles provide an opportunity for music majors to study and perform chamber music with a faculty coach. Chamber music is traditionally composed for ensembles of three or more instruments. Each chamber ensemble at the University stages at least one public performance during the semester. Chamber ensembles are open only to music majors.
Registering for Chamber Music MUS 3440 or MUS 5440
- Keyboard, strings, and woodwind students must first register for MUS 3440/5440 under the section number corresponding to their instrument. Brass students should consult with Tom Ashworth regarding brass chamber ensembles. This is a no-credit registration so there is no fee. Registration should be completed as early as possible and no later than the first week of the semester.
- Download and complete the registration form and email it to the appropriate faculty member. All of the students in the chamber should submit one form with all of their information listed. New students must submit this form by the end of the first week of the semester. Continuing students should submit the form during the registration period of the preceding semester.
- Your chamber music coordinator will assign you to a group and coach by the second week of classes. Pianists who wish to participate in piano duos or duets should contact their piano instructor for a partner and a coach.
- Once you have been assigned, you will receive permission to register for MUS 3440/5440 via email. You will then need to register before the add/drop deadline.
- String majors fulfilling the chamber music requirement for their degree are required to perform at the final chamber music recital at the end of the semester unless they perform at a degree recital during the semester.
For questions about Chamber Ensembles, contact Natalie Wilson at 612-626-7944 or email@example.com