We're celebrating 125 years of all things bands at the University of Minnesota. Join us in this 125 year journey in music-making. Connect with us on social media to share your memories and we look forward to seeing you at bands events this season. Ski-U-Mah!
Tau Beta Sigma, National Honoray Band Sorority's Alpha Iota Chapter of the University of Minnesota, is selling 125th Bands Anniversary gear. All proceeds will go directly to the U of M Bands Program. Purchase your gear here.
- Throughout the 2017-18 school year, composer Dean Sorenson's Minnesota Fanfare will be available for free for all Minnesota schools.
- This exciting three-minute work is suitable for most high school and college concert bands.
- The opening fanfare can be performed as a stand-alone piece by marching or concert bands.
- Visit www.deansorensonmusic.com for more information
- Minnesota school coupon code: UMN125!
If you are interested in receiving more information about U of M Band performances and events, email email@example.com and we will add your name to our bands focused email list-serv.
- Concert Bands (University Band/Campus Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble)
- U of M Marching and Athletic Bands
- Band Alumni Society & Alumni Band
Regardless of your intended major, there are several ways to become a part of the rich Band tradition at the University of Minnesota.
- Audition for a Concert Band (4 of 6 concert bands do not require an audition)
- Audition for the Marching Band
- Apply to the School of Music (music majors, minors and PSEO students)
- U of M Band Events 2017-2018 poster will be created for classroom decoration. Available in August.
- If you are interested in visiting campus to observe rehearsal or schedule a tour, contact firstname.lastname@example.org