Pre-screening videos are required application materials for the following programs:
- Collaborative Piano (MM, DMA)
- Conducting (MM, DMA)
- Instrumental Performance (MM, DMA) auditioning on:
- Double bass
- Voice Performance (MM, DMA)
- Post-Bacc Music Education Licensure Certificate
Applicants must pass the pre-screening round in order to be invited to a give live audition and/or interview. Videos are reviewed after the application deadline and results shared shortly thereafter.
Pre-Screening Video Submission Guidelines
- Videos must be submitted by the application deadline via the Digital Uploads section on your application to the University of Minnesota.
- Videos must be made within the past 12 months.
- Applicants may use the same selections again for the live audition, provided the selections meet the audition repertoire requirements.
- Each selection must be performed from beginning to end in one take. No editing is allowed.
- Screening videos must adhere to the following repertoire requirements: