UMN Fall 2021 Conducting Workshop
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Music educators are invited to attend a one-day in-person workshop to hone conducting skills in a concert band setting. Led by University of Minnesota Bands Faculty, on the stage of Ted Mann Concert Hall, the day will include conducting sessions with University of Minnesota Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Chamber Ensemble. Two tracks of participation are available: Conductor (limited to 14) or Observer (unlimited).
To Be Determined; pieces listed below are under consideration.
University Wind Ensemble/Symphonic Band
- The Red Balloon by Anne McGinty
- Salvation is Created by Pavel Tschesnokoff/Houseknecht
- American Guernica by Adolphus Hailstork/Levine
- First Suite in E-Flat by Gustav Holst/Matthews
- Second Suite in F by Gustav Holst/Matthews
- Old Wine in New Bottles by Gordon Jacob
- Carmina Burana by Carl Orff/Wanek
UMN Bands Faculty
|Emily Threinen||Director of Bands, Associate Professor of Conducting, University of Minnesota|
|Jerry Luckhardt||Associate Director of Bands, University of Minnesota|
|Betsy McCann||Assistant Director of Bands, Director of Athletic Bands, University of Minnesota|
- 8:00am - Check-in
- 8:30am - Welcome and Introductions
- 9:00am - Conducting Session I with University Wind Ensemble
- 11:30am - Lunch (included in cost)
- 1:00pm - Chamber Conducting Session with University Chamber Musicians OR DEI Discussion Session with UMN Bands Faculty
- 2:30pm - Conducting Session II with Symphonic Band
- 5:15pm - Closing Remarks
- 6:00 pm Workshop Ends
- 6:30 pm Optional Happy Hour - on own - at restaurant near campus
$95 includes catered lunch on campus.
Information coming soon.
Online registration will launch on Tuesday, June 29th.