Arts Quarter Festival Call for Submissions of Art, Music, Dance, Theatre
The Arts Quarter Festival is accepting proposals for art exhibitions and musical, dance, theatrical performances, spoken word, and other creative activites on the West Bank. All University of Minnesota students, faculty, or groups are eligible to apply. Faculty-student collaborations are strongly encouraged.
To highlight the talent of the University of Minnesota’s Arts Quarter, the College of Liberal Arts will showcase student performances and exhibitions during the Arts Quarter Festival. This special event presented by the University’s Department of Art, School of Music, and Department of Theatre Arts & Dance will be held on the West Bank on October 11, 2018, 8pm - 10pm. The event will feature live music ensembles, art exhibitions, performances, and interactive experiences by University of Minnesota students.
Proposal deadline and decision process
The application deadline for proposals to be considered for the 2018 Arts Quarter Festival event is July 23, 2018.
All proposals are reviewed, and all submissions will receive equal consideration. A committee of faculty and staff from the Department of Art, School of Music, and Department of Theatre Arts & Dance will review all entries.
Everyone who submits a proposal will be notified of the committee's decision by early September. For more information, contact Megan Mehl, College of Liberal Arts events manager.
Who and what is eligible?
- Any University of Minnesota student or faculty may apply to participate
- Any type of artwork (painting, photography, sculpture, prints, 2D, 3D, graphic design, video, motion graphics), theatre, dance, or musical performance
- Participants can exhibit or perform at many indoor and outdoor spaces on the West Bank in the Arts Quarter
- Performances cannot run longer than 45 minutes
- Limited funding is available for student performances and exhibits
- Entry instructions
The online proposal will ask for:
- your contact information
- a brief description of your proposed performance or exhibit
- an estimated budget (limited funding for projects is available)
Once you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming that we received it.