CLA and COVID-19 On and Off the Page
CLA faculty and experts are trusted sources for journalists and the community. To explore specifically how CLA faculty and experts are sharing their knowledge and understanding of our world during this crisis across departments—from African American & African Studies to Statistics—explore the Liberal Arts Expertise Around COVID-19 page. A few of the highlights you’ll discover include:
- McKnight Presidential Chair in Psychology and Director of the Center for the Study of the Individual and Society Mark Snyder on people helping people during COVID-19.
- Professor of English Katherine Scheil on celebrating Shakespeare while social distancing.
- Award-winning American historian and director of the Immigration History Research Center Professor Erika Lee on existing stereotypes and racism around immigrants.
- Director of Minnesota Population Center and Professor of Sociology Rob Warren on Minnesota’s overall death rate compared to other states.
- Economics Professor Christopher Phelan on math behind the epidemiological effects of COVID-19.
- Hubbard School of Journalism & Mass Communication Associate Professor Emily Vraga on how to avoid misinformation about COVID-19.
Additionally, the University has created a website to help you stay up-to-date on system-wide responses to COVID-19. The site is regularly updated with news, information, and inspiring stories about how the University is meeting this challenge head-on.