Nodequeues are a way to help you manage the way that stories and news are listed on your site. Nodequeues can be used to pin a story at the top of a list on your site, and to list stories in a particular order.
A node is a data redistribution point, and a queue is a collection of data that is kept in a certain order.
Note: nodequeues are NOT actual queues, so you will have to add/change content manually.
You may want to use nodequeues on your site for:
- A block listing teasers for the five top news stories on your site.
- To manage the order that news & articles are listed on your site.
How to add a nodequeue
To add a new story to your queue:
- Locate the story under Content beneath the navigation bar (Note: It may be easier to create the story first, and then add it to your queue).
- Click on the story. You will be taken to that stories page.
- Click on Queues on the Edit menu.
- Click on the "Add to queue" link under the Operation column of the page that you would like the story to appear on.
Note: Adding a story to a queue that is full will automatically replace the story in the first position in the queue.
How to change the order of your nodequeues
To adjust the order of stories:
- Click the Menu button on the main navigation bar.
- Click on Structure.
- You will be presented with one option: Nodequeues
- The box that appears next contains all the nodequeues on your site.
- Click on the queue that you would like to edit.
- Use the 4 arrowed move tool to the left of the title to drag and drop the order of your stories.
Note: Nodequeues can only be added by a webteam member, but you have access to edit them once they are one your site.