Independent Study

Undergraduates can design and carry out an independent research under the supervision of a political science faculty member.

Independent study credit through POL 4994 may be arranged with any tenured or tenure-track faculty member in the Department of Political Science. Students should contact appropriate faculty member well before the start of the term to arrange an independent study project. Note this is not a common course option and is done in unique circumstances based on student and faculty interest and availability.

Students may register for 1-4 credits through POL 4994 by completing the Directed Activity Form which they will route to their faculty and then to the Director of Undergraduate Studies for review and approval. Students can only register for POL 4994 once. No independent study credits can be used for the political science minor.