Call for Nominations: Psychology Distinguished Alumni Award
The Department of Psychology at the University of Minnesota is pleased to invite nominations for a new awards program: the University of Minnesota Psychology Distinguished Alumni Award. We anticipate making two awards in 2017-18 and annually thereafter.
The two awards will honor distinguished alumni from our (a) undergraduate and (b) graduate programs, respectively. Nominations must include:
- A nomination letter that includes a brief description of the candidate's background, accomplishments, and why the candidate is deserving of the award (1-3 pages; single spaced; 1-inch margins; 11-point font).
- The candidate's resume or CV (if available; this is optional).
- The decisions will be communicated to nominees in December 2017.
list of Psychology PHD's.
The nomination deadline is October 31, 2017.
Nominations will be reviewed by our department’s Distinguished Alumni Awards Committee, who will forward recommendations to the department Chair. Decisions will be communicated to nominees in December 2017. Award winners will be invited to a ceremony to receive the award in spring 2018, and will have the opportunity to meet with department faculty and students. In addition, the awards will be publicized throughout the University and commemorated within the department.
Selection Criteria for the Awards
- The awards will recognize distinguished achievement, in the many and varied forms that achievement may take among our alumni.
- For some alumni, especially our PhD alumni, the awards may recognize distinguished achievements in research and scholarship, whether in academic or non-academic settings.
- For other alumni, both undergraduate and graduate, the awards may recognize distinguished achievements and/or leadership in their chosen professions, as well as notable humanitarian efforts.
- The criteria for these awards will be inclusive, capturing the diversity of distinguished achievements possible by individuals educated in psychology.
- Priority will be given to individuals who are not currently appointed at the University of Minnesota.
- This award program is not designed to align with fundraising goals, although department donors may be nominated.
- Self-nominations are discouraged.
The nomination deadline is October 31, 2017. You may submit a nomination by email or by mail to the following address:
Monica Luciana, chair
Department of Psychology
N218 Elliott Hall
75 East River Pkwy
Minneapolis, MN 55455
For questions, contact Missy Jones by email or by phone at 612-625-7873.