Minor in Psychology
View a complete list of PSY Course offerings
The field of psychology is broad and diverse, encompassing areas such as:
- human learning and memory
- behavior genetics
- biological psychology
- abnormal psychology
- industrial/organizational psychology
- social behavior
A minor in psychology is designed to give you a strong foundation in psychological statistics and research methodology.
A minor in psychology allows students to explore their individual interests in psychology, which may be applied in virtually any field of work or help prepare you for a more in-depth study of psychology at the graduate level. In addition to foundational coursework, students will take three PSY courses in:
- cognitive and brain sciences
- clinical psychology
- social psychology
- individual differences
- quantitative and applied psychology
Declare Your Minor
To declare a psychology minor, please follow the steps listed below.
- Look through the Minor Declaration Presentation (Google Drive)
- Take the quiz
- Once you finish the quiz, wait for a confirmation email that the Psychology Advising staff has declared your minor. The wait time is about one week.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.