CLA Mulhollem Cravens Leadership Scholarship
CLA Career Services is excited to offer this scholarship opportunity for our students. The Mulhollem Cravens Leadership Scholarship will combine the hands-on experience of a summer internship with an internship reflection course, enhanced career coaching, and alumni mentoring opportunities. This award is for undergraduate degree-seeking students in the College of Liberal Arts. Scholarships will be awarded in early June 2018.
- Degree-seeking CLA undergraduate.
- Rising sophomore, junior, or senior (i.e. graduating May 2019 or later).
- Have not previously received this scholarship.
If selected for a scholarship, you will:
- Secure an off-campus internship (paid or unpaid) for the summer 2018 term.
- Work at least 120 hours total during the internship.
- Participate in a one-credit Internship Reflection course during the internship.
Completed applications must be submitted through the CLA Mulhollem Cravens Leadership Scholarship Moodle application site by 11:55 p.m. on Wednesday, December 13, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Required Application Materials
A complete application includes the following (see Moodle for details):
- Application Form
- Internship Scholarship Essay (2 pages)
- Unofficial copy of your transcript(s)
- A current resume
This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to use the CLA Career Services office to get help with completing the leadership scholarship application. To schedule an appointment or to get your questions answered, visit the CLA Career Services office, email email@example.com, or call 612-624-7577.
- Complete online application and essay by December 13.
- Selection committee will review applications and notify winners.
- Find a summer 2018 internship. Personalized support will be available from CLA Career Services staff.
- Receive your $5,000 scholarship.
- Begin your summer internship.
- Enroll in the 1-credit Mulhollem Cravens Internship Class.
- Celebration reception.
Scholarships & Financial Aid
If you're awarded one of the $5,000 scholarships, please note that the award will be considered part of your financial aid package. If you have questions about this, contact OneStop.