-Access to CLA Networking Opportunities
-Full, guided access to CLA Career Services
-Personal resume and cover letter coaching
-LinkedIn profile training
-Professional dress consultation
-Guidance on securing an informational meeting
-A stipend to cover the cost of an informational
meeting in the local area
Unsure about your career path? Know what you want to do but don't know how to get there? The UDream CLA Career Development Program can help!
The UDream program will help students build their portfolio of career and networking resources by providing an intensive career development experience and dedicated peer mentorship to a small group of selected students.
- Complete the UDream Application Form
- Write a personal essay about your dream job, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 1-2 page double-spaced essay should include the following elements:
- What is your dream job and why?
- How do your personal strengths complement this job?
- Is there anything else that makes you an ideal candidate for this job?
UDream participant selection will be based on the clarity of the "dream job" narrative, connection to personal strengths, and the extent to which the essay demonstrates a drive for self-development and likelihood to make the most of opportunities. Finalists will be asked to conduct a short interview which will take place in early-mid November.
Space is limited, so apply by October 26 to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
October 26: Application Deadline
Mid-November: Finalist Interviews
Early December: Kick-Off Meeting
Spring Semester 2015: Partner with peer mentors to prepare for and conduct informational meeting