Drop-In help from Peer Advisors
Drop-in help from Peer Advisors
- May 31st-August 22nd hours: Virtually Monday-Friday 12:00-4:00pm and in person (411 Bruininks Hall) Wednesdays 1:00-4:00pm. Are you in need of in person drop-in support and Wednesday afternoons don't work for you? Simply email us at email@example.com.
- During the semester: In person Monday–Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in 411 Bruininks Hall. Virtually Monday–Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays 6:00–9:00 p.m.
We also offer contactless, virtual customized resume and/or cover letter feedback at your convenience.
Drop in for help with
- Questions about our office and services
- Resume/cover letter review
- Job- and internship-search help using Handshake
- Career-exploration guidance
- Practice with Career Fair and networking introductions (your "elevator pitch")
- And more! Drop-ins are a great place to start for any career question!
How to Access Drop-Ins
No appointment is needed! For in-person, simply come to 411 Bruininks hall and someone will assist you. For virtual Drop-ins: Fill out a brief intake form and then get connected to a CLA Career Services staff member who will assist you. Drop-ins are typically 10–15 minutes long. In order to connect the most quickly for virtual drop-ins, please install the Zoom for Meetings Desktop App or the Zoom Mobile App. It is very easy to install! View the Zoom app installation instructions.
Want to get started now? Key resources:
- Learn about how my major connects with careers
- Write a better resume
- Find an internship
- Get help with career exploration for my graduate degree
- Find a job
- Learn how CLA's career classes can prepare me for success
- Get ready to apply to graduate school
Questions, concerns, accommodation needed?
Call 612-626-6574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.