The Resource Room and the Career Services Interview Center
CLA Career Services
411 Bruininks Hall
222 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Office & Resource Room Hours
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
12:00 to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
(winter, summer, and spring breaks)
Schedule an Appointment
Make and prepare for a one-on-one
appointment with a career counselor.
Reserve an Interview Room
The Resource Room Offers Both Materials and Individual Help
Located in 411 Bruininks Hall, the CLA Career Services Resource Room offers materials about CLA majors, career options, and graduate school options. It also includes educational materials focused on the job search, resumes, interviews, and preparing to transition from being a student to a working professional.
The Resource Room is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Majors: Explore your options and get help choosing a major.
- Career options: Learn what career paths are out there, and how to connect them to a major.
- Job search techniques: Resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, networking, and more.
- Internships: Why you should get one, how to find one, and how to get as much out of one as you can.
- Graduate schools: Exploring and applying.
- Other post-college opportunities.
- Career-related diversity issues.
The Resource Room has a well-trained staff of peer advisors who can review your résumé or cover letter, guide you to valuable resources, or help you schedule an appointment with one of our professional career counselors. No appointment is needed, simply drop into 411 Bruininks Hall to meet with a peer advisor for:
- Resume/cover letter review
- Job and internship search help using Handshake
- Resource room and career exploration guidance
- Career fair introduction practice
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (Note: Summer and holiday hours are any weekdays between 12 and 4:00 p.m.)
*If coming in for a résumé review, please have résumé printed out or reserve time to print here in our office
Stop in to pick up your copy of the CLA Career Readiness Guide!
The CLA Career Readiness Guide covers, in-depth, all of the career-related topics you’ll need to consider as a liberal arts student. Access the guide online, or pick up a copy in the CLA Career Services Resource Room or in one of the CLA Academic Advising offices.
Get a (Quiet) Room—at the Career Services Interview Center
Do you have a video (or phone) interview coming up and need a quiet place on campus? The Career Services Interview Center in Bruininks Hall is available by appointment for students to use. Come prepared with your own technology.
Learn more about reservations by calling the CLA Career Services front desk at 612-626-6574.