Applied Problem Solving
Applied Problem Solving is among the ten Core Competencies you develop in CLA that employers and alumni tell us matter most.
Develop the ability to assess problem situations with all their complexities—and you'll be equipped to unlock the problems of tomorrow.
Applied Problem Solving is the process of designing, evaluating and implementing a workable strategy to achieve a goal.
Those competent in Applied Problem Solving:
- Recognize constraints
- Generate a set of alternative courses of action
- Evaluate alternatives using a set of criteria
- Select and implement the most effective solution
- Monitor the actual outcomes of that solution
- Recognize there may be more than one valid point of view
CLA Alumni Explain Applied Problem Solving