Pre-Health Check-Up is a fall 2022 pilot program in the College of Liberal Arts for students who are considering or planning toward a career in healthcare. This is a drop-in service for students who want to check-up on their engagement with pre-health opportunities in order to build their resume, confirm their plans or consider which aspect of their development to focus on next. We are here to provide support and encouragement to help you find your next step forward.
Pre-Health Check-Up is not designed to assist students with academic planning or long-term graduate school planning. If you need help with academic questions, please make an appointment with your academic advisor at z.umn.edu/claappt. If you need help with long-term graduate school planning, please make an appointment with a career counselor at clacareer.appointments.umn.edu.
Pre-Health Check-Up consultations are:
- Open to all CLA students
- Offered in-person and virtually
- Intended to be short conversations
Pre-Health Check-Up is the best fit for:
- Students who are unsure where to go to get help with their pre-health journey
- Students who would like to know how to get started as a pre-health student
- Students who would like help considering what to do next to build their pre-health portfolio
- Students who would like to talk about one of these FAQ
Pre-Health Check-Up Partners
- CLA Academic Advising
- CLA Career Services
- Center for Academic Planning and Exploration
- Pre-Health Student Resource Center
Pre-Health Check-Up Hours
October 5 - December 14, 2022
(There will be no virtual Pre-Health Check-Up on November 4.
There will be no Pre-Health Check-Up the week of November 21-25.)
- Go to CLA Career Services in 411 Bruininks Hall
- Check-in at the front desk and let the staff know you are there for the Pre-Health Check-Up drop-in service
- From there, you will be directed to connect with a Pre-Health Check-up staff member
- Fill out a brief intake form to check in virtually. In order to connect the most quickly for virtual drop-ins, please install the Zoom for Meetings Desktop App or the Zoom Mobile App. It is very easy to install! View the Zoom app installation instructions.
- From there, you will be in a waiting room until the advisor is ready for you. Individual or group advising may be used, depending upon the needs of students in attendance.
Questions about Pre-Health Check-Up? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org