2017 Writing Studies Spring Research Showcase
140 Nolte Center
The Department of Writing Studies invites you to attend our spring 2017 research showcase. The showcase will include nine poster presentations by graduate students in Writ 8505: Professional Practice and undergraduate students in Technical Writing and Communication completing senior projects. Presentations will be followed by a demonstration of virtual reality devices by undergraduate RAs in the Wearables Research Collaboratory (WRC). We will also honor our 2016-2017 graduates.
- Nathan Bollig, PhD: “Pragmatic Approaches to Learning Objectives: A Survey of Writing Instructors”
- Paige Harker, BS: “The social media response to the MNsure website and its implications for businesses”
- Kat Kelley, MS: “DITA: Past, Present, and Future”
- Jacqueline LaLiberte, BS: “Web Accessibility in Higher Education”
- Robyn Mueller, MS: “Content and Comparative Analysis of Japanese and United States Technical Communication Design Choices”
- Kristin Roberts, MS: “Entry-Level Technical Writing Skills: Managers’ Expectations and Experiences”
- Jeremy Rosselot-Merritt, PhD: “Cybernetic Metabolism, (Dis)Embodiment, and the Freedom to Move”
- Caitlin Shirk, BS: “Developing a Content Management Framework for UMN Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics Policy and Procedure Manual”
- Chakrika Veeramoothoo, PhD: “Globalization and Women’s March Paris Tweets”
- WRC BS RAs: Bilal Abdelqader, Nathan Ernst, Laura Gee, and Alexander Westgaard
Our TCAB members will also be attending the event:
- Matt Abe, Hewlett-Packard
- Jerry Grohovsky, JPG & Associates, Inc.
- Jolene Rowan, Dashe & Thomson
- Alyson Riley Roth, Mayo Clinic
- Nick Rosencrans, UMN-OIT
- Bill Siemers, Brain Traffic
- Daphne Walmer, Walmer & Associates
- Jim Willenbring, Medtronic
Come check out these great projects! The program begins at 4pm. Light refreshments will be served.