We take a holistic approach for admission into the Chinese Flagship program. Students are evaluated on the following, including but not limited to:
- Pass the OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) at the appropriate level of Chinese instruction
- Pass the STAMP (Standards-based Measurement of Proficiency) test at the appropriate level of Chinese instruction
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Ability to complete their degree program and Flagship Capstone in a maximum of 5 years
Subject to further change at the program's discretion.
How to Apply
Complete all the steps in the application instructions below. Once you are admitted to Chinese Flagship program, you will begin your pre-Capstone training and become eligible for Flagship scholarships.
Contact the Chinese Flagship Associate Director Dr. Yao Tu at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the language proficiency tests (OPI and STAMP).
After passing the language proficiency tests at the appropriate level, complete the Chinese Flagship application (PDF)The form requires a short description (500 words max in English) of your professional plans and your commitment to Flagship training.
Submit the completed application form to email@example.com. We may request additional information or interview as further references.
Upon satisfactory evaluation of the application materials, the Chinese Flagship program’s Academic Advisor Ms. Claudia Hasegawa (firstname.lastname@example.org) will issue you a formal letter of admission and a pledge form through email. To be formally admitted to the program, you must complete and sign the pledge form and return it to the Academic Advisor.
Once admitted, you should complete the following steps as soon as possible:
- Set up an appointment with the Associate Director Yao Tu (email@example.com) to schedule individual tutoring.
- Set up an appointment with the Academic Advisor Claudia Hasegawa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to go through your degree plans.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions about the application process.